Sunday, April 26, 2009

What a weekend!

I did not make it to the gym or the running group on Sat morning. I went with my mom and E to clean the church at 7am instead. Then I had MAJOR running around to do to get ready for the big birthday bash! Despite the weather, all the kids had a great time. Elijah kept thanking me for the wonderful surprise (bounce house)! He had so much fun! I didn't even mind (too much) paying the fee for bringing it back wet! It was VERY worth it!!! After all the kids left, Elijah and I went crazy in the bounce for another hour or so before we had to take it down. What a blast!!! I consider that better than any workout I could've gotten at the gym or otherwise!

I really want to get one last long run in either today or tomorrow. Then, as Karrie pointed out, I will be tapering off this week in prep for the half next Sun. Just one week away!!!....AHHHH!!! I know I am more prepared for it this year than last, but I'm still a little freaked out! It will be great though and I'm glad to be doing it again. (Ask me how I feel about mile 7 or so!) At least I have motivation to stay in training afterwards as I am planning on joining Karrie's team for the Havelock 10k in June. Then after that, I can slow down a bit....but not too much. I'll try to stay consistent...

Now I have a late afternoon at work and won't be done till after 7pm. Not sure I'll be up for a run when I'm done. Guess it'll wait till tomorrow morning.

No comments: