Thursday, May 7, 2009

Running High!!

Well, I successfully completed the Half Marathon this past Sunday and am proud to say I came in under my goal time!! I was seriously flying high the rest of the day! The last stretch seems to be the toughest, but luckily that's where all my "fans" were waiting. There's not better motivation! Thank you to everyone who may not be a runner, but can at least be a runner supporter! We need you!!! I'm so motivated that I am considering the Omaha Half in September! (Or maybe I'm just that crazy...the running bug has hit!) Plus if I have another goal waiting for me down the road, it's motivate me to stay "in training". Right now I need to focus on the Havelock 10k before I get too ahead of myself. I will be throwing in more interval training these next few weeks. I've also told myself once I complete the Havelock Run I will invest in some actual running shoes. (No more lectures from my brother about improper shoes!)
I also plan on attending the Y in the next few weeks and getting E signed up for swim lessons. Plus we will be working on bike riding lessons. I have us signed up for the annual Trail Trek at the end of June so we need to get busy!
My big plans for July is the Cornhusker State Games Triathlon with my sis and Wes. Nessa will take on the swimming portion, as I have not conditioned for that at all. Wes will take on the 12 mile bike ride, and I'll run the 5k portion. If I have something to "train" for each month, I'll get some good use of out my shoes and gym membership(s)...hee hee!
Here's to Spring and the quickly approaching Summer days!!

4 comments:

Karrie said...

Great job on the marathon. I can't wait to run with you on Sunday.

BrandyGirl said...

Is this your way of telling me I was confused by thinking we were running Saturday? I look forward to our run on SUNDAY as well ;)

Karrie said...

No, we ARE running on Saturday. That must have been my sub-concious dreading it a little. Hope you're still free SATURDAY at 8:00.

BrandyGirl said...

Ok, count me in for SATURDAY at 8! Glad I'm not the only one who's losing it! ;)