Friday, April 30, 2010

Yet Another Race!

I recently read a "classmate's" blog about the upcoming Marathon/Half Marathon. Just last week or so I was asking another friend if she had blogged lately. (The answer was no.) This has lead me back to the blogosphere :)
This weekend is the Lincoln National Guard Marathon/Half Marathon. After running the Lincoln Half twice and the Omaha Half this past September, I decided it was time to take the next step. (Well, maybe not RIGHT after the Omaha Half, I definitely needed some recovery time!)Although each time I completed a half, I'd think to myself how the full marathoners were just plain crazy, I decided to sign up for 2010! The YMCA class with Ann has been AWESOME!!! It's been a long (sometimes hard) four months. It's amazing what one can learn about oneself through this process. I have become a stronger and more knowledgeable runner that's for sure! I've met some great people and have had a great time. It's amazing to think that four months of hard work is all coming to a head this Sunday! I've such great support along the way and I just want everyone to know how much I appreciate them. My sisters were great helpers with Elijah during my weeknight runs. Marcus, my truly wonderful and understanding boyfriend, really came through when my Saturday morning runs awaited me. I know through much of this I've been a bit of a pain and occassionally self absorbed. I promise to be a better person in a couple of days. My glory is shared with all of you! The encouraging words have meant the world to me! I just want everyone to know how much you mean to me. I may be putting in the 26.2 miles on Sunday, but I couldn't have gotten there on my own!
I look forward to future blogs as I get back into the swing of things. I am looking forward to a great year of continued running and future adventures!

No comments: