Friday, May 15, 2009

Committed!

So this high I was on after the Lincoln Half? Well...now it's got me committed to the Omaha Half! I mentioned making a weekend of it with my folks and son since my parents haven't made it to any of my runs since I started "racing" last year! So my mom booked a hotel in Council Bluffs for that weekend. We're gonna have our own little "Stay-cation" in Omaha! WOW!!! Next week I'll officially register for the race and order a couple extra plates at the Pasta-Thon. Anyone else feel like "road tripping" in Sept? Now that my son has running shoes (from Payless, no worries), I need to treat myself to a pair. Next month I'm heading to the Lincoln Running Co and getting some expert advice! I think taking that step may actually help make me an official runner! I think I'm ready to take that step! I look at it as an investment in my "hobby" and health. If I'm gonna be 29 for the next 10 years, I'm gonna have to put some work into it!
I admit I took almost a week off after the half. I've only run 3 times since then. But I think after this morning's run I'm back on track. I have runs planned for Sat (on my own) and Sunday with Karrie...yeah!!! Since I'll miss Goodyear next Wednesday for church, I'll probably run in the morning to make up for it. Sorry girls, you'll have to kick extra hard for me! Depending on when I have to head for Hastings NEXT Sat, I may try to take Anne's Body Power class to make up for it. Somewhere amidst all the crazy workouts I put myself through, I need to take a leisurely walk with my son and just take in some nature and relaxation. And that means NOT going to the gym that day...doctor's orders!!

1 comment:

Karrie said...

No Saturday with me, so I typed wrong!