Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Where to Begin?

I don't everyone to think I've been slacking on doing anything active. We've a had a busy week and I am doing my best to fit in true workouts. I know it only benefits me overall. I wish life didn't get in the way of everything. Time to get some priorities straight I guess. But here's where my times been going lately.
Thursday of last week I made it skating with E and Wes. Although E still has a LONG way to go, I could tell he was having fun just being there with his friends. It was a lot of fun being brought back to that old school kind of fun again. I only fell once after Elijah pulled me down from behind. I am proud to say that I avoided landing on him, although causing more pain to myself. Ahh, the mother's way of living.
After soccer practice Friday we went to church for game night. Elijah had a blast! I think he played maybe 2 games total, before all the kids were involved in a game of tag. It wore him out, so I'll go with it!
Saturday morning Elijah and I ran his first mile together. We participated for the 2nd year in a row at the Zoo's Fun Run/Walk. Last year we walked it, much to Elijah's dismay who did not want to be there at all. This year he wanted to be the fastest! That did not happen, but he did run the whole time with much coaxing from his mama. Then after that brief but good run, I was up for more punishment and went to the gym for another 3 mile run. My goal is to steadily run 5miles with an occasional 7mile run thrown in there. My brother claims he would like a running partner, so we may have to work something out. I am not sure how that will work, because half the time he is my sitter so I can run. Hmmmm?....
Then Sunday I probably had the best Mother's Day I've had in a long time. Jake went to church with the family early so we could head out for breakfast. (Where I ate too much and entirely bad for me.) But it was my day, so who cares right? Then Elijah took my mom to the zoo, while Wes took me to Husker baseball where I even got a bit of sun. Then we picked up E and went to Pioneers Park. We played baseball and soccer before heading over to the playground. Then we went for a nice walk and did the whole "family" thing. Then after playing hard we went to Applebee's where I was able to make good food chocies. Although I did wash my good food choice down with a Sangria. (Again, a much deserved Sangria!)
Monday I had every intention of going to Body Combat, but Elijah's soccer practice had been rescheduled to that night and tonight I have a meeting at church. (I hope to hit the gym for some cardio after that. I am hoping Jake will stick around long enough for that.) I guess that leaves Wednesday morning Body Pump on my calendar. YIKES!!! I know I can do it, I know I can do it!
So I know I took a break after the half marathon, but I am back. It's just a little slower going than I originally planned. Plus work has really been draining any extra energy out of me. Being outdoors Sunday felt so good! I can't wait for more days like that!!!!

1 comment:

Karrie said...

Are you ever gonna update your blog? Or come back to the gym? Good luck with your run Saturday morning. I will be thinking about you as I am working. And I hope to see you at Combat monday evening!?!?