Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Can't Push It!

I made it to the gym last night and this morning. I was able to do 40 mins on the treadmill last night. I remember when there was a time that 3miles straight wouldn't kill me. I think I need to make sure I drink plenty of water throughout the day. I've been getting a little more protein in my diet, maybe I need to start carbo-loading or something. :) Then I was back this morning for 35 mins on the treamill and had to stop running after a mile. I continued to walk at an incline for a steady pace after that. I stuck around for Body Pump at 6am. It was great to see Karrie and Erin there. They may not have been fully awak when they got there, but it really is a great way to start the day! I think when I go to the gym tomorrow night I am going to skip the treadmill altogether. It's not going to do me any good to push it too hard anyway, right? I think I'll do the bikes for a change of pace, maybe I'll even tough it out on the stairmaster. Then I'll give running a shot either Friday or Saturday. I have the Novartis 10k on Saturday the 19th and I want to be ready for that. I am working on finding a happy medium so I can be prepared but not overworked. The half marathon is still something I can accomplish, it's going to be a struggle but I think it'll be worth it!
I am starting to feel a little bit better about my life this week. I've been to the gym with my friends, have my girls night tonight, and a date with my son and Karrie and Jennifer set for Friday. If the weather isn't too bad E will have his 3rd soccer game on Saturday and Sunday I work, which is fine because Ill see Karrie at the gym after that. So all in all things seem to be going somewhat better. I think by Sunday I may even be ready to hang out with Wes again. Poor guy, I can barely handle I how I feel, I don't know how he does it. I guess there really is something to be said about this whole working out thing :) Now if we could just get the sun to really hang around so we could get outside in the warmth I think we'll all be doing better then!

3 comments:

Karrie said...

I think it's a really good idea to do some cross-training, and not run tomorrow. But perhaps you should focus on things that won't upset your knee, like: biking and ellipticaling. I don't know if stair-climbing fits that category. Climbing the stairs is how Jen hurt her knee in the first place.

Unknown said...

3 miles has always made me want to die, so has anything more than about 1/2 mile. Good luck to you on training - even a 10K would be a very lofty goal for me, I can't even imagine training for the 1/2 marathon!

When is the Soccer game, or if the weather is horrible, when are the next few soccer games?

I thought we agreed that the term was elipticizing and now Karrie comes up with elipticalling. For the record, I prefer elipticizing.

Karrie said...

I like to keep things fresh, especially when it comes to the English language!!