Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Well Deserved!

I took a day off from working out yesterday. At first I had planned to go over lunch and had all my gear with me. But then I figured I've been doing really well the past week, and had some different activity over the weekend, that I had earned a day off. I quickly got over my guilt! I evn had a healthy dinner of leftover "turkey tacos" with fresh fruit. I really need to be drinking more milk at meal time if I can. I usually have yogurt at lunch time, but I want to work on having more dairy daily.
Today I got back on it and was able to do another 4 miles straight. I allowed myself a little more time this round and completed it in 40 minutes. Who am I trying to impress anyway? Tomorrow night will be class time at Goodyear, which means a break from running. I am going to try and make it 4.5 miles on Thursday. Slowly building up those long runs to see what I am truly capable of. It seems we forget to give ourselves enough credit sometimes. I feel really good today and I'm okay with that! I sit up a little straighter and find myself smiling for no other reason than that it feels good! Anyone else need this kind of pick-me-up, let me know and I'll be there for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you at Goodyear last evening. We will have to schedule some weekend workouts while we are still gym-buddies.