Monday, February 16, 2009

What a weekend!!!

Talk about a crazy busy weekend! But amazingly enough, I feel pretty great! Friday was my day off and I was going to get SOOOO much accomplished. Then it turned out to be a snow day and I had my best buddy, Elijah, with me all day. I have to admit he was a trooper. We got to the grocery store by 8:30 and were done within the hour. Then it was off to the gym to meet Karrie for a good workout. It was a tough 3 miles, followed by some weight work. (I can't wait to get to Goodyear this week to have some true weight training again!) After that, we went home and Elijah played very nicely while I packed up his room. Slowly getting ready for our big move! When my brother got home I went out and helped shovel. For dinner I made soft tacos (with turkey meat) for the "family" as we watched our shows. (Psych and Monk.)
Saturday my brother Daniel came to town, so Elijah and I took him sledding for a couple of hours. Talk about a workout!! I made it to the gym that afternoon for another 3 mile run and 20minutes on the bikes. I knew I'd be going out with the girls that night and it ended up included quesidillas and margaritas. Yikes! There went THAT run!
Sunday I was able to run 4 miles straight in 38 minutes. My goal was 3.5 miles in 40 minutes, but I just kept going and made good time! If I can get a couple of 5 mile runs in and maybe one a little over 6 miles, I may just do the State Farm 10 mile after all! More to come on that goal ;-)

No comments: