Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Resolution?

Ok, so I suck at going to the gym. I've been experiencing some incredible tiredness due to the lowest iron I've ever had. I am talking about being ready for bed by 6:30pm! But having the duties of fixing E dinner, homework, baths, and everything else I have to wait until at least 8pm. Let me tell you I am so ready by then!!! I've been taking a regular dose of iron as well as trying to have a better diet, it hasn't really helped at all. I am supposed to have a blood draw from the doctor to have it checked out, but I am not too keen on that right now. I did make it to the gym today..twice actually! I went to Body Pump and stayed for 20min of cardio. My family was doing the Easter meal today, so I had to be able to feel good about the junk I was going to eat. Then after eating, my cousin who is 16 and on her soccer team in St Louis, needed to get her run in. She was looking for volunteers to run with her, but it was too cold for any of us. So I invited her to my gym where we did an hour of cardio together. This included 40mins on the treadmill and 20min on the elipitical. I feel much better now. When we got back to my grandma's I was able to avoid eating anymore candy or pie. YEAH!!!!Tomorrow I think Val wants to go to the gym, so I hope to be there by 10:30. I have a stupid 5k to run in a week, so I need to get myself back in gear! So K and J, whenever you have a trip planned to the gym, you need to call me! I need all the extra help I can get. I wish my body would just cooperate with the goals I've set for it! Oh well, April and Spring is almost here, so it's like a fresh start is just waiting around the corner!

2 comments:

Karrie said...

Thursday evning Bodypump? Stay after for cardio? Saturday morning? Sunday sometime? Let's make a schedule! Then you can't let me down.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the 5K, at least you're doing it - even if you don't perform as well as you would like.