Saturday, March 29, 2008

I survived again!

I made it through my second 5k this morning. My brother was stronger than I and went the full 10miles. But I am just happy that I was able to run the whole time without walking. I think I even got close to the time of my first 5k last month. That was even with taking it somewhat easy. Talk about a huge motivator! Now I will spend the next 3 weeks getting ready for the Novartis Run. That may be a truer test as to whether or not I can make it through the half marathon. Jake has already registered, so now he knows that he has to do it-it was a commitment thing. I think that is what I am going to have to do. If I pay the $40, I will definitely get my butt out there. This is my year of becoming a runner, so I suppose I better go big or go home!, right? Plus I think eventually the sun will be out on a more regular basis and that will make it easier to get my body going, right? Right!

3 comments:

Karrie said...

Way to go!!! I'm so proud of you that you went at did the race!
If your knee is really bothering you then I wouldn't push yourself any further. But, if it's just lack of motivation -- then let's get you running that half-marathon.

Yes, 10:00 tomorrow should work. I will call you to confirm.

Anonymous said...

good job completing the 5K, there's no way I could do that - I hate to run

Karrie said...

Where were you at Bodypump on Tuesday? I can't make it thursday evening -- work obligations. But when are we going to hang out? This weekend?